8/8/06

Favorite Larnie Moments

Darn! How in the heck could I forget the funniest part of the night! Ok, so while we were on the Chicago train heading back to our hotel from the Grand station, Larnie made a new friend. I don't know what it is about this girl that attracts the weirdos, but she did. So, we were on the train talking to one another for a couple of minutes. And this crack head loooking guy sits across the way from Larnie. In my head, I'm like, "Oh no, here we go." So this dude's like, "Hey, wha sho name girl?" And Larnie tried to ignore him the first couple times he asked but, being Larnie she had to say something. She gives him this puzzled, lost Larnie look and in THE WORST fake sounding French-like accent she goes, "I don't understand." (you have to hear her say it, i don't kow what kind of accent she was going for but it was bad!) HELLO!!! We were just talking in the English language a minute ago! Oh, this girl. She couldn't come up with anything better? Ummm, seeing as your Filipino, how about... "Ano?" "Bakit?" OR she could have used her fake name Lelani. Isn't that why we created those fake personas?! But oh no, Larnie doesn't do good under pressure like that! hahaha! I was laughing SO hard in my head! I told her not to make eye contact with weird strangers because she has those smiling eyes, but it can't be helped!

OK, so here is probably one of the best Larnie moments EVER...

The next morning we had to pay for our parking in the structure across the street from our hotel. Unfortunately the structure was automated and we had to pay using a machine.

Larnie sticks the parking ticket into the black slot.

The instructions that follow on the screen are "To pay, insert credit card." For some reason Larnie doesn't know where to insert her credit card (although there are plenty of words and pictures on the machine for her to follow). Me, being the worst back seat driver ever, I try to lay low here and just stand back and let her do her thing. So as not to make her nervous. After a good 10 seconds passes by she does this:

HAHAHA! She literally slides her credit card back and forth on top of the picture! I don't know what she was thinking. It clearly says to "Insert Ticket/Validation/Card" right below the same place she stuck the parking ticket into. But, I guess she thought that the picture was going to somehow scan her credit card or magically suck it back into the machine. She didn't realize that the picture was just a demonstration of HOW to insert her card. And not the actual spot TO insert her card. I don't know, whatever your logic Larn, it was damn funny!

I'm really not Larnie bashing. But, who needs a DVD player when I've got Larnie to keep me amused & laughing throughout the trip! I just sit back, watch and listen. hahaha! Love ya Larn!

3 Comments:

Blogger ANNA said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'M CRYING!!!!!!

8:52 PM  
Blogger cecile marie said...

hilarious. now i have a second thing to think of if i really need to laugh.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Oh my gulay! Hilarity. I'm reading this at work and I had to stop myself from laughing outloud.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home