8/13/06

My future husband

SUNDAY JULY 23, 2006 ~ Day 8: Chicago, IL to Pittsburgh, PA

After the pay station fiasco we had another long drive ahead of us. We drove across Indiana and Ohio to get to Pittsburgh. I can't believe we had to pay about $20 in tolls to drive through those 2 states! WTF! I guess I'm just spoiled here in LA with our freeways. But seriously, toll roads suck.

During our drive, Larnie and I started talking about our future husbands. Here was the conversation:
Larnie: You're going to marry your opposite.
Leia: Yeah, I know. He'll be really nice and patient.
Larnie: But a guy with a spine right?
Leia: Yeah, someone that I can argue with. I like the witty banter.
Larnie: [Looking confused] I don't know who that is.
Leia: [Bursting out in laughter] WHAT?!
Larnie: [Pause] Oh, hahaha! I thought you said "Woody Banter, like a person."

Oh man Larn! You kill me! OK, so in Larnie's defense, here is her side of the story:
She claims that she got confused because I was gesturing with my hands as I was talking. And I guess I pointed to the radio just as I said witty banter.
Whatever Larnie, that still doesn't change the fact that I wasn't talking about a guy named Woody.

For two gals with self diagnosed auditory processing disorders, you wonder how in the heck we were able to communicate during those 2 weeks!

MISSION 8 ACCOMPLISHED! 3117 miles traveled

1 Comments:

Blogger ANNA said...

if you pray hard enough, you never know! Woody Banter could be the next guy you shake hands with...hahahaha! Oh Larnie...

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home